In this video, Faye Wong (王菲) and Li Yapeng (李亚鹏) deliver heartfelt thank you speeches. Faye’s is, as usual, compact and thoughtful; LYP’s is moving.
(Click here for more videos.)
Some observations from the video and the event in general:
- Na Ying (那英) and Eason Chan (陈奕迅) performed at the event, and clips are included in the video.
- Katie Chen (陈家瑛), Faye’s manager, won the vase that was painted by Tong Tong (竇靖童) and Li Yan (李嫣). She said, “Faye Wong’s daughters are like my granddaughters, and as a grandmother, I am very happy to have their work.”
- Carina Lau (刘嘉玲) showed up in a striking yellow coat.
- Carina’s husband, Tony Leung Chiu-Wai (梁朝偉), was a no-show.
- Vicki Zhao (赵薇), too, was a no-show. (Na Ying, Carina, and Vicki are Faye’s closest friends.)
- Chow Yun-Fat (周润发) and his wife, Chen Hui Lin (陈荟莲), after a lot of pre-event hype, failed to show. Rumors are rife re the reasons. In one of the articles, I read that he made remarks to the press that were “critical” of the fundraiser. Still, he donated valuable photographs for the auction.
- Small S’s (小S, 徐熙娣, Xu Xi Di) kissing of Faye was probably the most sensational event of the evening.
Filed under: Uncategorized Tagged: | Carina Lau, Chen Hui Lin, Chow Yun-Fat, 王菲, 竇靖童, Eason Chan, 那英, 陈荟莲, 陈奕迅, 陈家瑛, 赵薇, Faye Wong, Katie Chen, li yan, Li Yapeng, Na Ying, Small S, Tong Tong, Tony Leung Chiu-Wai, Vicki Zhao, Xu Xi Di, 刘嘉玲, 周润发, 小S, 徐熙娣, 李嫣, 李亚鹏, 梁朝偉